Rinnegan and Sharingan are both powerful abilities in Narutoverse. But which one is the overall winner of Rinnegan vs Mangekyo Sharingan battle? If you know a lot about Narutoverse, you would probably come up with Rinnegan as an answer. But the answer is not so simple.
First, let us have a look at the powers that Rinnegan and Mangekyo Sharingan give to the person who possesses them.
Check this out : What if Jiraiya didn’t die?
Rinnegan is one of strongest powers in Narutoverse. It is believed that those who possess the Rinnegan are sent down by the heavens and are destined to either create or destroy everything. Rinnegan provides the wielder with many powerful abilities
Let’s see some of the most unignorable and powerful abilities of the Rinnegan useful in a battle which can help it win Rinnegan vs Sharingan.
- The Deva Path – This power allows the user of Rinnegan to manipulate atomic forces to attract or repel objects around him. This is also the technique which completely destroyed the hidden leaf village. During the attack on hidden leaf village by Nagato, and also at other instances, we have seen that the Deva Path technique can be freakishly strong.
- The Outer Path – This power allows the user of Rinnegan to revive the dead. This also allows the user to transmit chakra through receivers and also control ‘puppets’.
- The Preta Path – With the power, the user gets the ability to absorb all forms of chakra.
- Amenotejikara – Using this technique, the wielder can switch places or change the location of others (may even be objects) instantly.
- Space-time Interaction – With this technique the user can travel through space-time, to different dimensions. This has been shown to be used by Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto series. This can also be used to travel long distances.
- Limbo – This was used by Madara to create, so to say, ‘shadows’ of himself in another world called the Limbo. Limbo is a world that co-exists with the physical world but is usually impossible to detect.
- Indra’s Arrow – This is a technique that was used by Sasuke Uchiha in his last battle with Naruto Uzumaki. Sasuke used the chakra from all the nine tailed beasts and created an arrow and a longbow out of chakra.
There are a lot of other techniques that the user of Rinnegan possesses but those are not much use in a battle itself. For instance, the black receiver Rods were used by Nagato to create the Six Paths of Pain. But when Nagato was revived by Kabuto and was fighting by himself, Naruto also accepted that when using his powers himself, he was much stronger than the Six Paths of Pain.
Mangekyou Sharingan is another one of the strongest powers in Naruto. Let us now look at the most powerful techniques of Mangekyou Sharingan users, or for that matter, even Sharingan users which can help it win Rinnegan vs Sharingan battle.
- Amaterasu – Amaterasu is a technique that summons the black flames which cannot be put off until they have annihilated their target.
Tsukiyomi– Tsukiyomiis a genjutsuso powerful that it can distort the victim’s perception of time. Itachi has been seen using it on Kakashi and Sasuke giving them pain beyond comprehension.
- Susanoo – This is an ability possessed by all Mangekyou Sharingan users. Susanoo is a giant human-like avatar made of chakra surrounding the wielder of the Mangekyou Sharingan and providing immense power.
- Kamui – Kamui provides the user with the ability to teleport things to the Kamui dimension. Kamui was skillfully used by Obito on many occasions.
- Copying Jutsu – Sharingan can be used to copy Jutsu and analyze technique till some levels. Although analyzing techniques is very useful in battles, copying Jutsu won’t be much useful in high level battles as
sharingancannot be used to copy very high level Jutsu.
Rinnegan Vs Sharingan
Both Rinnegan and Sharingan have very powerful techniques. What would happen in a fair fight between a Rinnegan and a Sharingan user and what would be the result of Rinnegan vs Sharingan?
India’s arrow vs Izanagi – Sharingan vs Rinnegan
One thing I would say that is completely overpowered about Rinnegan is Indra’s arrow. But, Indra’s arrow requires the power of all nine tailed beasts. It’s very difficult for the power of all nine tailed beasts to be available. Even if all the tailed beasts are there, the user of Rinnegan has to be very powerful to be able to control all the tailed beasts at once with the Rinnegan and obtain their powers.
What’s easier than that is the availability of some Sharingans (let’s say 5-6, of course not after the slaughter of the Uchiha clan). And, with this many Sharingans, one can perform Izanagi several times. Even if Indra’s arrow is very powerful, Izanagi can simply nullify the effects.
One could say that Izanagi is limited to the number of times it can be used, but so is Indra’s arrow. Indra’s arrow requires a lot of chakra and chakra control from the user, so it cannot be used many times in a row. Izanagi would give a tough competition to Indra’s arrow and could possibly be an important factor in favor of Sharingan in Rinnegan vs Mangekyou Sharingan.
How about Planetary Devastation? – Sharingan vs Rinnegan
Planetary Devastation is a Rinnegan ability. It is an extension of the Deva path that uses a mass with strong gravitational pull to attract everything around it. Dealing with this should be not much of a hassle for Sharingan users. The main reason behind this is that Planetary devastation requires a material object, i.e something that can be attacked.
Since Planetary devastation depends on the object with high gravitational pull, it can be dealt with using several abilities of the Mangekyou Sharingan which again takes Mangekyou Sharingan vs Rinnegan to a close call. For instance, if Sasuke had to deal with planetary devastation, he could potentially use Amaterasu and destroy the core of Planetary devastation using it.
Another way to deal with it would be something like Kamui. Since it depends on the presence of the mass with strong gravitational pull, the mass itself could be taken to the Kamui dimension and that would stop the Jutsu.
Sharingan vs Rinnegan – The real problem – Limbo
Yes, I think this is the real problem for Sharingan in Sharingan vs Rinnegan battle. If faced with something like Limbo, a normal Sharingan or Mangekyo Sharingan user could be in trouble. When Madara used Limbo against Sasuke and Naruto, they were only able to handle t because Naruto could sense the Limbo and Sasuke could see through his Rinnegan.
Without the Rinnegan it is impossible to see it, Naruto could sense it but only because of the abilities
There are a few more abilities of Rinnegan that are problematic for a Sharingan user in Rinnegan vs Sharingan battle. And most of them have to do with space and dimension access provided by Rinnegan. Rinnegan holders can travel through dimensions easily which is not possible to that extent by Sharingan users which is a critical disadvantage. But there are very powerful Sharingan abilities too, like the ability of Shisui’s Sharingan.
Shisui’s Sharingan could even potentially make the Rinnegan user change sides.
So, now that we have discussed a lot about both Rinnegan and Sharingan, which one would win? As we can see, Rinnegan does have dimensions on its side. But Sharingan users are also not completely useless against it. There are Jutsu’s like Shisui’s ability or Izanami.
So, I think it’s a very close call. Rinnegan users can win, but Mangekyou Sharingan users are not completely hopeless and I think that if they fight cleverly, they can potentially defeat Rinnegan users and win the Rinnegan vs Sharingan battle.
I have tried to cover most of the major Jutsu and of course, one person cannot have all these abilities at the same time. But this was probably the best way to analyze Rinnegan vs Sharingan. What do you guys think?
Check out other cool theories here.